RFR(XS): 8169003: LogDecorations.iso8601_utctime_test fails if numeric locale uses ", " as separator between integer and fraction part

Kirill Zhaldybin kirill.zhaldybin at oracle.com
Mon Nov 21 16:38:37 UTC 2016

Marcus,

Thank you for reviewing the fix!
>> WebRev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kzhaldyb/webrevs/JDK-8169003/webrev.00/
>
> ISO8601 says the decimal point can be either '.' or ',' so the test
> should accept either. You could let sscanf read out the decimal point
> as a character and just verify that it is one of the two.
>
> In the UTC test you changed ASSERT_GT to ASSERT_EQ, which means that
> we won't accept "Z" suffixed strings. Please revert that.
I agree that ISO8601 could add "Z" to time (and as far as I understand
date/time without delimiters is legal too) but these are the unit tests.
Hence they cover the existing code and they should pass only if the
result corresponds to existing code and fail otherwise.
The current code from os::iso8601_time format date/time string
%04d-%02d-%02dT%02d:%02d:%02d.%03d%c%02d%02d so we should not consider
any other format as valid.

Could you please let me know your opinion?

Thank you.

Regards, Kirill