RFR(S): 8166461: Deprecate UseAutoGCSelectPolicy

sangheon sangheon.kim at oracle.com
Fri Oct 7 20:48:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Can I have some reviews for this change to deprecate
UseAutoGCSelectPolicy command-line option?

The intent of UseAutoGCSelectPolicy option is to provide a way to
automatically select GC based on target pause time. This option is
introduced with AutoGCSelectPauseMillis and if MaxGCPauseMillis is
smaller than or equal to AutoGCSelectPauseMillis(and if GC is not
specified), low pause collector will be selected. I think it is enough
to accomplish auto-GC-selection without UseAutoGCSelectPolicy.

This patch only includes adding the deprecation message for
UseAutoGCSelectPolicy option.

CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8166461
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sangheki/8166461/webrev.0
Testing: JPRT