RFR: 8306460: Clear JVM_ACC_QUEUED flag on methods when dumping dynamic CDS archive

Ashutosh Mehra duke at openjdk.org
Wed May 3 19:13:15 UTC 2023

On Tue, 25 Apr 2023 22:10:04 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <coleenp at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This patch clears the method's "queued_for_compilation" flag when dumping the method in CDS archive. Also added an assert in `Method::restore_unshareable_info()` that the method being restored should not have that flag set.
>
> Yes, you're right, all these flags shouldn't be in the archive.  I have a patch for JDK-8306851 which will make it easier to unset all of these flags (except has_loops/has_loops_init, which we want set in the archive).  Maybe this change should wait.

@coleenp`is_old`, `is_obsolete`, and  `is_deleted` method flags are set only when a method is redefined, and such methods would not be added to the archive.
I am wondering if, instead of clearing these flags, there should be an assert added that these are not already set when dumping the method to the CDS archive.