RFR: 8291555: Implement alternative fast-locking scheme [v72]

Roman Kennke rkennke at openjdk.org
Thu May 4 21:58:05 UTC 2023

On Thu, 4 May 2023 21:25:50 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcubed at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think we are nearing the finish line. A couple of things:
>
> - zero builds are still failing in the Oracle CI; can you check out zero builds on your end?

I've been wondering about those too. I just built zero 64 and 32 bit locally without issues, tomorrow I will experiment some more and check if anything sticks out in Zero code.

> - Eric Caspole has been running perf testing in Oracle perf lab; when did you last re-run your perf testing?

It's been a while, last time when I switched to fixed-sized lock-Stack. I haven't re-run perf tests since then because I have not changed anything that seemed substantial.

> - I'm still checking with Oracle reviewers to make sure they have made a final pass.

Perfect, thank you so much!