UseCompressedOops switch with more than 32gb heaps...

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Thu May 27 18:56:00 UTC 2010

Very soon. Watch for next changes coming into hotspot (jdk7).
I don't know when it will appear in the 6 update release.

"6916623: Align object to 16 bytes to use Compressed Oops with java heap up to 64Gb"
"6954029: Improve implicit null check generation with COOP"

The first bug is closed so you may not see it but I will open it when I am done with changes.

Vladimir