Request for review (XS): 8012455: Missing time and date stamps for PrintGCApplicationConcurrentTime and PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Wed Apr 17 11:01:41 UTC 2013

Leonid,

Thanks for looking at this.

On 4/17/13 12:16 PM, Leonid Mesnik wrote:
> Bengt
>
> Could you please add a unit test for this fix.

I am not too keen on writing a test for this. I see your point, but the
fix is very small and we already have lots of code that does the same
thing without any tests. If we should add a test I think it should be
for PrintGCTimeStamps and PrintGCDateStamps in general. However, I don't
think our logging is parsable enough to make such a test stable.
Timestamps can get mixed in in the middle of lines and unexpected
messages can be logged at almost any point in time.

Thanks,
Bengt