RFR (XS): 8033443: Test8000311 fails after latest changes to parallelize string and symbol table unlink

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Mon Feb 3 16:04:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,

  can I have reviews for the following change? It fixes the check that
verify the correct amount of processed entries during string/symbol
table unlink.

The change adds an exception for the non-parallel case (i.e. the checks
will always succeed in that case).

The alternative would be to make the non-parallel case to also "claim"
work, and use the parallel code. That would require somewhat larger
refactoring of the string/symbol table code. In that case it would also
be nice if the string/symbol table iteration did the same. I.e. it seems
a good enough fix for now.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8033443/webrev/

CR: