RFR: 8221786: ZGC: Increase max heap size to 16TB

Per Liden per.liden at oracle.com
Mon Apr 1 20:14:26 UTC 2019

Increase max heap size to 16TB. We could just bump
ZPlatformAddressOffsetBits to 44, but we should take the opportunity to
make this slightly more dynamic and set ZPlatformAddressOffsetBits at
runtime. As a start, I propose that we limit the dynamic behavior to an
address space reservation of 4TB, 8TB or 16TB (per heap view), depending
on what -Xmx is set to. In the future we could have a more elaborate
scheme if we find a need for that.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8221786/webrev.0

/Per