RFR (XS): 8220388: Increase -inlinehint-threshold for Clang to avoid G1 pause time regression

Erik Joelsson erik.joelsson at oracle.com
Mon Apr 29 16:00:39 UTC 2019

The change looks ok from a build perspective.

Regarding optimization for size on Macos, I don't believe those settings
have changed since Xcode changed from GCC to Clang. It could very well
be that we would benefit from different optimization settings on Macos.
Investigating that seems like out of scope for this change though, but
certainly something that would be interesting if someone felt like doing
an investigation.

/Erik