RFR(S): 8229422: Taskqueue: Outdated selection of weak memory model platforms

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Mon Aug 19 15:43:43 UTC 2019

Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for reviewing it, Thomas, David and Derek!

@Derek & Andrew:
I've created a webrev which provides full control for platform maintainers:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8229422_multi-copy-atomic/webrev.01/

It also allows making the IRIW stuff switchable in platform code which was desired by

As an example, I've added an experimental switch for PPC64 "SupportIRIW" which was already on Michihiro's wish list (CC'ed).

So if you prefer this implementation for arm/aarch64, too, we can go forward with webrev.01.

This webrev doesn't contain functional changes except for s390 (taskqueue) and PPC64 (experimental switch added).
Both platforms maintained by us, anyway. 😊

I'll request reviews from runtime and compiler mailing lists later.

Best regards,
Martin