RFR(S): 8162412: Ignore any System property specified as -Djdk.module...

Gerard Ziemski gerard.ziemski at oracle.com
Tue Aug 30 19:05:22 UTC 2016

hi Harold,

The code looks fine, I just have a question and tiny quibble:

#1. This comment:

 189 // Return true if property starts with "jdk.module." and its ensuing chars match
 190 // any of the reserved module properties.
 191 // property should be passed without the leading "-D".
 192 bool Arguments::is_internal_module_property(const char* property) {

about “-D” refers to the property expected by "Arguments::is_internal_module_property” method, not how the user passes it to the VM?

#2. The only tiny quibble would be to put:

200         matches_property_suffix(property_suffix, PATCH, PATCH_LEN) ||

right after

197         matches_property_suffix(property_suffix, ADDREADS, ADDREADS_LEN) ||

to match their declaration order:

170 #define ADDREADS "addreads"
171 #define ADDREADS_LEN 8
172 #define PATCH "patch"