RFR (M): 8145148: InterfaceMethod CP entry pointing to a class should cause ICCE

serguei.spitsyn at oracle.com serguei.spitsyn at oracle.com
Tue May 17 20:18:30 UTC 2016

Hi Coleen,

It looks like a great fix to me.
Just a couple of test related nits.

test/runtime/ConstantPool/BadMethodHandles.java

   The lines that print some diagnostic messages can be more helpful
with some details:

  213                 System.out.println("FAILED (no exception)"); // ICCE should be thrown
  236                 System.out.println("FAILED (no exception)"); // ICCE should be thrown

   Failed because an ICCE was expected to be thrown.

  217                     System.out.println("PASSED");
  240                     System.out.println("PASSED");

   Passed because an expected ICCE exception was thrown.

  221                     System.out.println("FAILED with exception");
  244                     System.out.println("FAILED with exception");

   Failed because an unexpected exception <name> was thrown.

Similar nits for the test:   test/runtime/ConstantPool/IntfMethod.java