RFR(S): 8156992: [ppc] Implement template interpreter stack overflow checks as on x86/sparc.

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Wed May 18 10:02:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

When porting the template interpreter, we implemented a different approach to

Stack overflow handling.  See also the detailed description in the Jira bug.

This change implements the stack overflow check as on x86/sparc.

It requires simple shared changes, but only to code only used on ppc.

The changes should not affect the other platforms.

Please review this change. I please need a sponsor.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr16/8156922-ppcStackFix/webrev.01/

Best regards,

  Goetz.