RFR: 8247281: migrate ObjectMonitor::_object to OopStorage [v2]

Daniel D.Daugherty dcubed at openjdk.java.net
Mon Sep 14 13:43:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 01:43:01 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> We had to move that code to make om_flush() happy.
>> om_flush() accesses the (weak) oops in the monitor list
>> after the thread is off the threads list so the barrier change
>> had to move. It will move back in part3.
>
> Just to be clear the thread is still on the threads_list at this point.

Sorry, I should have been more clear here.
We had to move that code after the om_flush() call because om_flush()
accesses the (weak) oops in the monitor list after the original location
of the code. The om_flush() call is made in the code that removes the
thread from the threads list, but the removal happens after the call to
om_flush().