RFR: 8267095: Miscellaneous cleanups in vm.runtime.defmeth tests [v2]

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 26 02:14:20 UTC 2021

On Tue, 25 May 2021 22:06:45 GMT, Vladimir Ivanov <vlivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Miscellaneous refactorings/cleanups in `vm.runtime.defmeth` tests.
>>
>> In particular:
>>   - replace `test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/vm/runtime/defmeth/scenarios` with enumeration of different test configurations in tests themselves;
>>   - pass `TestBuilder` as a parameter and initiate test execution from executor;
>>   - switch max class file version tested from 52 to 61 (`V17`);
>>   - minor changes (cleanups, new test cases)
>>
>> Testing:
>> - [x] vmTestbase/vm/runtime/defmeth/
>> - [x] hs-tier5-rt - hs-tier8-rt
>
> Vladimir Ivanov has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge branch 'master' into 8267095.defmeth
>  - Remove ACC_STRICT-related code
>  - Cleanup
>  - Remove scenarios
>  - FIXME removal
>  - Fixes
>  - TestBuilder as a parameter

Hi Vladimir,

I took a scan through this huge change and things look okay to me.

One thing we seem to have lost is the documentation for what this setup code:

/* majorVer */ Set.of(MAX_MAJOR_VER),
                /* flags    */ Set.of(0, ACC_SYNCHRONIZED),
                /* redefine */ Set.of(false, true),
                /* execMode */ Set.of(DIRECT, REFLECTION, INVOKE_EXACT, INVOKE_GENERIC, INVOKE_WITH_ARGS, INDY));

actually means.

Also references to JVMS8 should probably just say JVMS.