RFR: 8267754: cds/appcds/loaderConstraints/LoaderConstraintsTest.java fails on x86_32 due to customized class loader is not supported [v2]

Jie Fu jiefu at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 26 09:41:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021 07:57:05 GMT, Igor Ignatyev <iignatyev at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think a better solution would be to split the test into two subtests (two separate jtreg test descriptions in one .java file): one for `doTest` another for `doTestCustomLoader` and use `@requires vm.cds.custom.loaders` in the 2nd one. this way, we will get more clear test results.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Igor

Thanks @iignatev for your review and sharing.
I didn't know this skill before.

Splitting the test into two subtests seems making a tiny bit sense since the CI/CD won't care which sub-tests are not run.

I prefer the current (minimal) change since I think it's already good enough and I didn't find an easy way to rewrite it.

Thanks.