RFR: 8290739: Simplify storage of dump-time class information [v3]

Ioi Lam iklam at openjdk.org
Tue Jul 26 23:08:11 UTC 2022

> Some code clean up in anticipation of future CDS development.
>
> I moved the initialization of `SystemDictionaryShared::_dumptime_table` and `SystemDictionaryShared::_dumptime_lambda_proxy_class_dictionary` to VM bootstrap, so that:
> - We don't need to allocate these tables dynamically
> - We don't need to check if these tables exist when writing the archive
>
> The current implementation guarantees that `SystemDictionaryShared::_dumptime_table` always contains a `DumpTimeClassInfo` for each `InstanceKlass` that's being considered for inclusion in the CDS archive. I simplified the old `SystemDictionaryShared::find_or_allocate_info_for()` API to
>

> // Guaranteed to return non-NULL value for non-shared classes.
> // k must not be a shared class.
> DumpTimeClassInfo* SystemDictionaryShared::get_info(InstanceKlass* k)
>

> For more details, please see JBS issue: [JDK-8290739](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8290739)

Ioi Lam has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  fixed whitespaces

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9634/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9634/files/e642dfe8..0c264169

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=9634&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=9634&range=01-02

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/9634/head:pull/9634

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9634