<i18n dev> Now what?

Martijn Verburg martijnverburg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:42:26 PST 2011

Hi all,

Just like to say that this is why I got involved in the combination of Java
and open source - it really does lift the spirits to see this sort of
discourse, even if a majority of the technical details fly over my head (all
of you are plain scary ;p)!  I'm speaking at a number of conferences this
year on the whole "Future of Java" debate and I'll definitely be pointing
out the exchanges here as point that's firmly in the +ve column for Java and
the OpenJDK.

I'll also try to lend my humble Java knowledge to any patches that Tom has
up his sleeve, heck it's about time I learned about this regex/unicode stuff
beyond the basics anyhow - my knowledge usually begins and ends at Joel's
article on what every developer should know about unicode... :-).

Thanks all for what has been some truly interesting reading on this list!

Cheers,
Martijn