<i18n dev> <AWT Dev> Add some missing key maps

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Thu Jun 7 06:12:03 PDT 2012

Hi Charles,

Thanks for pushing this fix. However, we had an internal discussion, and
here's a few comments regarding it (I'm CC'ing Yuri who provided the
comments):

> On 06/07/2012 10:53 AM, Yuri Nesterenko wrote:
>> (1) XKeysym.java is a generated file; I'd make change in
>> keysym2ucs.h instead, if this routine is not changed, and then
>> run a simple awk script genhash.awk to generate XKeysym.java;
>>
>> (2) Look at the beginning of
>> static Keysym2JavaKeycode getJavaKeycode( long keysym ) --
>> there is a special line for kanaLock added because
>> "Some keysyms maps to more than one keycode".
>> Actually this addition may work OK for Japanese keymap which is
>> usually a single one in XKB setup but MAY totally break e.g. some German
>> or all Croatian. I'd check it first.
> this ^^ getJavaKeycode() method meaning is, kana lock is not missing:
> it is properly returned if we are sure that keyboard _is_ Japanese.
>

>> (3) Also, regarding shift lock line:
>> look at the code in XToolkit.java dealing with modifiers.
>> Perhaps this line may be risky.

My notes:

1. The generated file issue must certainly be fixed. Charles, could you
make another patch please?
On a side note, can we just remove the XKeysym.java file altogether and
simply generate it on each build? Why do we have to keep a generated
file in the repository?

2 and 3: Charles, please test these issues.

--
best regards,
Anthony