<i18n dev> RFR: JDK-8042369 Remove duplicated java.time classes in build.tools.tzdb

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Mon May 19 18:12:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've not got any feedback so far, so I assume it's good:-)

Anyway, I'm going a little further to throw in a TarInputStream so now we just build the
tzdb data directly on  the tzdata201xy.tar.gz from iana site. I'm not sure if it is OK to
check in the original .tar.gz file into the jdk repository though.

There are also more improvements in this version, it is much faster now. It might
not matter as it is only used during build time, though:-)

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/8042369/webrev

-Sherman

Btw, I'm still trying to sell the idea of checking in a second tzdb provider implementation
into the jdk, which directly loads in the tzdb data by using the iana original source data,
with the assumption that this might be useful at least in certain circumstance (such as
one gov pushes a tz change, and some of your big jdk customers need their apps run with
the new data in next 24 hrs...) in the future.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/tzdbProvider/webrev