What does LTS mean for OpenJDK?

Martijn Verburg martijnverburg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:25:57 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Wouldn’t normally post this on an OpenJDK mailing list but I will add that
there is now a new era of commercial support for Java coming in off the
back of this.

Oracle and others have put out what I think are very reasonable support
offerings and perhaps as an ecosystem we need to start thinking about
directly contributing back if we don’t have direct engineering involved in
OpenJDK/Java.

I appreciate it’s a step change for those who have been used to $free - but
I’d encourage folks to look at those options as well as what might come out
of the community for OpenJDK.

Cheers,
Martijn

--
Cheers, Martijn (Sent from Gmail Mobile)