Draft JEP: Launch Single-File Source-Code Programs

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Mon Feb 12 16:42:25 UTC 2018

Hi Brian,

Yes, that works fine if that shebang  .java file is used with the launcher.
But what does not work is using that same .java file with javac.
Not a debilitating restriction but an asymmetry and a bump in the road
for some.
And it might backflow into the build system, where some .java files
should be compiled
with the java launcher and others with javac.

Thanks, Roger