jdk-submit and unclosed branches

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Mon May 20 14:28:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

It seems that the hygienic procedure for jdk-submit is to close branches after we are done with
them. Stanislav, is that still a recommended practice? I have my batch of closes I can push.

Anyhow, after trying to figure which branches belong to me, I realized maybe somebody else wants to
close their own too. This is the one-liner to get the list of currently open branches with their
last changesets:

$ hg branches | awk '{ print $1; }' | xargs -n 1 hg log -l 1 -T
"{author}\t{branch}\t{desc|firstline}\n" -b | sort -k 1,2

Sample report:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shade/scratch/sandbox-non-closed.txt

Branch can be closed like this:

$ hg up -r JDK-XXXXXXX
$ hg commit --close-branch -m "Closing branch"

Then check the outgoing commits (note the target branches) and push:

$ hg out
$ hg push

--
Thanks,