OpenJDK Contributions

Archana Nogriya archana.nogriya at uk.ibm.com
Mon Sep 7 09:10:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am requesting 2 proposals for the contribution to OpenJDK.
I have created webrev with my changes.

Please can I have someone to review my changes and suggest further.

Details description is as follow,

Contribution 1

=======================================
Title : Performance optimisation by setting MALLOCOPTIONS and LDR_CNTRL
java launcher in order to use 64KB pages by default for perf on AIX.
capability to allow the use of multiple heaps of free memory, rather than
just one, to improve performance this is the fix . Also to setting
LDR_CNTRL on AIX java launcher in order to use 64KB pages by default for
perf.
Changed File:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/5aeebd3bb33a/src/java.base/unix/native/libjli/java_md.c
Webrev url: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8252802

Contribution 2

Title : Add the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag when linking executables for
Windows 32-bit.
linking executables for Windows 32-bit. This simple change allows java to
use more than 2GB address space. IBM Java uses this flag.
Changed File:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/5aeebd3bb33a/make/autoconf/spec.gmk.in
Webrev url: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8252803

Many Thanks & Regards
Archana Nogriya
Java Runtimes Development and Project Manager
IBM Hursley
IBM United Kingdom Ltd
internet email: archana.nogriya at uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: