Anonymity and observability of unnamed classes (JEP 445)

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Sun May 7 20:21:55 UTC 2023

I think you may be misunderstanding the use of “dialect” here.  By “dialect” we don’t mean that the language is given semantics it didn’t have before; every new language feature does this.  By dialect we mean a set of “beginners semantics” for these new compilation units that would be *different* from the same code in a full program.  This would require students to “unlearn” as they scale up, rather than merely “zoom out”.

Sent from my MacBook Wheel