New candidate JEP: 458: Launch Multi-File Source-Code Programs

Attila Kelemen attila.kelemen85 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 19:10:44 UTC 2023

I don't think that fear is warranted, because you have to package any
non-trivial application anyway, in which case you will have some kind of
build (not to mention that compiling it has obvious benefits anyway). And
if somebody wants to use it in a home project for his/her own purpose, then
I don't see anything wrong with that. As far as I can see this just opens
up some extra possibilities, if you want to leave some code editable after
deployment (for the same reason you might want a single file).