Proposal: Require re-review before integration if the PR is modified

Kevin Rushforth kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Mon Jul 8 13:52:55 UTC 2024

> Thanks, Jorn. Yeah, okay, but this seems rather cumbersome. And it
> leaves the reviewers guessing. As a Reviewer, I want to see a PR
> branch that is kept in sync with master, especially for longer-running
> PRs.

An enhancement was filed to not require re-review for a clean merge:

https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/SKARA-2312

It is being worked on, although there is no timeline for when it might
be implemented.

> Another thought, would it be possible for Skara to disregard changes
> that just fix the copyrights?

It might be possible, since Skara does this when comparing whether a
backport is clean. I'm not sure how likely it is.

-- Kevin