[8u-communication] 8u40 using JEP 2.0

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Thu Aug 7 16:53:05 UTC 2014

During the creation of the JDK 8 Updates Project [0], it was
proposed that features and major changes for a release would
be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [1].

It's time that we started using JEP 2.0 [2]  to manage the JDK 8
Update releases. JEP 2.0 extends the JEP process to cover the
creation and maintenance of the set of features intended for
delivery in a JDK Release Project.

Everyone can track enhancements planned using the JEP 2.0 process
through JBS. For 8u40 I've prepared a query. Monitoring and tracking
JEPs of interest can be done via :

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/issues/?jql=type%20%3D%20JEP%20and%20fixVersion%20%3D%208u40%20ORDER%20BY%20component

I plan to update the JDK 8 Updates Project page [3] shortly with the
information about the JEP 2.0 process in use for 8u40.

Regards,
Sean.

[0]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/announce/2013-December/000157.html