[8u-communication] JDK 8u60 released today! (and 8u72 timeline)

Rob McKenna rob.mckenna at oracle.com
Wed Aug 19 17:26:07 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

As per Sean's earlier mail on release plans for 8
(http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2015-July/003985.html)
we're using a similar approach for future JDK 8 Updates releases as was
used for 7u76 and 7u72, with new releases accompanying corresponding CPU
releases, as those releases did for 7u75 and 7u71.

Just like the final phase of the JDK 7 Updates Project, that means there
are no separate forests in our Mercurial repositories for those few
remaining releases.

Some folks may be wondering how they get fixes pushed into 8u66 so just
to reiterate, all you have to do is follow the critical approval process
[1] and the maintainers will take care of the rest!

     -Rob

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8u/phase2/phase2-process.html