Fix version tags in JBS for jdk8u

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Fri Feb 15 22:09:54 UTC 2019

Hi,

> > Look at this guy [1]. This illustrates the process it had been so far quite
> good.
> >
> > I pushed the change to jdk8u-dev when it was open for 8u192. So it fixed
> version "8u192". Then Oracle internally brought the fix to several other
> versions, e.g. 8u191. Andrew also brought the change to OpenJDK 7 - but
> there it only got the "openjdk7u" version tag. I guess that's what it would be
> for openjdk8u from now on as well - no "proper tags" if we don't take action.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Christoph
> >
> > [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8197943
> >

> Indeed, I'm still not happy with the 7u situation. It seems that doing
> something
> better means contacting the ops team at Oracle to get them to add more
> versions
> and fix their hgupdater [0].
>
> I would make most sense to me that they created an openjdk8ux version
> when
> they created jdk8ux, but I don't know if that's possible.

Interesting. Thanks for the history. Yes, then we should get in contact with the ops team to check out what's feasible. Hopefully times have changed a bit and it's easy to configure hgupdater for new versions.

> Similar for 11u, I imagine.

Yes. They have done that stuff for several updates (e.g. 11.0.1, 11.0.2, 11.0.3) already, so it should be possible that they'll help with further OpenJDK 11 updates.

/Christoph