[8u] RFA 8204142: AWT hang occurs when sequenced events arrive out of sequence in multiple AppContexts

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Mon Feb 25 16:46:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

> I volunteer to rewrite Fix Versions myself, if it comes to that :)
> >
> > -Aleksey
> >

> Ok, thanks for volunteering :P
> --
And I had already volunteered on Friday [0] ��

But, @Paul, there are 2 things I noticed with the latest pushes:
a) your pushes, like [1] have exchanged the original author of the fix with your name. Usually, for downports, unless you don't completely rewrite the original change, the author should be kept the original author. Probably it's a bit more difficult to get this fixed with all the reshuffling that has to be done for 8u patches. But I think we should stick to that procedure. Or what do other folks say here?
And there is
b) You introduced merge patches like [2]. I think it would look cleaner if such a thing could be avoided when pushing simple changesets. Ok, after all, this one is rather cosmetical, though...

Thanks and best regards
Christoph

[0] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2019-February/008663.html
[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u-dev/jdk/rev/a854158a2c94