[8u, 11u] Wiki Page updates

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Wed Mar 13 07:58:47 UTC 2019

Hi Andrew,

> As I said yesterday [0], I think we need a label for fixes that are in
> 8u-dev but are candidates for the current 8u after the initial
> integration. Leaving this to bug comments makes them hard for us to find.
>
> I suggest 8u-CPU-critical-request and 11u-CPU-critical-request as
> previously used [1].

I think it sounds reasonable. We can use jdk8u-critical-request and jdk11u-critical-request, since we are not planning to ship CPUs in OpenJDK. This will avoid namespace collisions with Oracle.

I also think this should not only apply for changes that are already in jdk8u-dev/jdk11u-dev and shall be brought to jdk8u/jdk11u but also for direct pushes into jdk8u/jdk11u.

What do other people think, especially aph? If we agree on it, I'll update this part in the wiki and we can start living up to it.

> Some other minor issues; I'd prefer we referred to the security work as
> taking place in a secure environment with internal testing. The word
> "closed" has associations with "closed source". Also, it's "Red Hat"
> with a space, not "RedHat".

Yep, that sounds better. I fixed it ��

> [0] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2019-
> March/008870.html