[8u] RFR: JDK-8231584: Deadlock with ClassLoader.findLibrary and System.loadLibrary call

Hohensee, Paul hohensee at amazon.com
Fri Oct 18 14:06:46 UTC 2019

Thanks, Anton, for fixing the nit. :)

As for when to push, 14 doesn't ship until March, but will get a lot of testing by Oracle and others (e.g., Adopt) before then. It'd be good to get your backport into 8u242 for January.

Paul

    On 16.10.2019 22:26, Hohensee, Paul wrote:
    > Your backport looks good to me

    Thank you for reviews!

    I'm going to add backport request labels later. A comment in jdk/jdk bug [1] appeared. It suggests to wait a bit before backporting it anywhere, to let the patch be evaluated for some time. And that's reasonable.

    > One tiny nit: in Runtime.java, the 14 patch changed the indentation of the line containing "Directory separator should not appear in library name: "

    I got in webrev.ksh pitfall: it doesn't include white-space changes in fancy view by default. The actual patch have the indentation change.

    Regenerated webrev with indentation:

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akozlov/8231584/u8.webrev.01/

    Thanks,
    Anton