[8u] RFR: JDK-8231584: Deadlock with ClassLoader.findLibrary and System.loadLibrary call

Anton Kozlov akozlov at azul.com
Fri Oct 18 12:14:38 UTC 2019

On 17.10.2019 14:45, Andrew Dinn wrote:
> backport looks good.

On 16.10.2019 22:26, Hohensee, Paul wrote:
> Your backport looks good to me

Thank you for reviews!

I'm going to add backport request labels later. A comment in jdk/jdk bug [1] appeared. It suggests to wait a bit before backporting it anywhere, to let the patch be evaluated for some time. And that's reasonable.

> One tiny nit: in Runtime.java, the 14 patch changed the indentation of the line containing "Directory separator should not appear in library name: "

I got in webrev.ksh pitfall: it doesn't include white-space changes in fancy view by default. The actual patch have the indentation change.

Regenerated webrev with indentation:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akozlov/8231584/u8.webrev.01/

Thanks,
Anton