jdk8u322 release and packaging

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Mon Jan 31 16:11:14 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-01-31 at 16:52 +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
>
> > The currently actively maintained tree is the jdk8u-monorepo[1] tree.
>
> OK, this is a problem.
>
> How does that repository map back to the old multi-repo structure?

The files itself are the same. The difference is that is a single clone
vs. a clone from 8 different repos ("top", jdk, hotspot, jaxp, jaxws,
hotspot, corba, nashorn) into the right folder names.

The source repo history is different as the forest needed to be
consolidated. I don't know how exaclty that was done.

If you are working from sources you get a single source tarball now vs.
from 8 previously. It should make life easier for you. YMMV.

Thanks,
Severin