JOSM feedback on Java 7,8,9, including Jigsaw EA

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Fri Oct 30 16:34:39 UTC 2015

Thanks for reporting these issues.

> On Oct 30, 2015, at 8:29 AM, Vincent Privat <vincent at josm.openstreetmap.de> wrote:
>
> Concerning Jigsaw:
> - We have reported 3 bugs. All made it to the public JIRA: 8138878,
> 8140477, 8140481. The second one is a bit problematic for our tests as it
> basically kills our Jenkins instance. I see the two other ones are
> understood/in progress. We will do more tests after we resolve the hanging
> problem.

8140481 is a build issue that should be fixed shortly.

8138878 breaks through resource encapsulation.  jake b86 fixes InternalError and throws MissingResourceException if it attempts to get a bundle in java.desktop named module.

We’ll look into these bugs.

> - We'd like to know if it can be expected to see the
> package sun.security.x509 become a public JDK API, for example in
> javax.security.cert? We currently use it to generate a self-signed
> certificate in order to create a local https server. That's our only use of
> private JDK API.

There are two RFEs related to signing and certificates
  8058778: New APIs for some keytool functions
  8056174: New APIs for jar signing

I have added this comment in 8058778 for the security team to look into.  You can subscribe to security-dev at openjdk.java.net  where the discussion for these RFEs will be.

Mandy