ResolutionException when migrating to Jigsaw

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Mar 2 21:06:30 UTC 2017

On 02/03/2017 19:55, Rahman USTA wrote:

> ikonli.fontawesome.pack is not a modular jar, so it is an auto-module
> and it is a 3rd party dependency. When I look at source code of it, I
> didn't see any import for com.sun.java.browser.plugin2 if I didn't
> miss anything else.
>
> So, is there a chance to export *jdk.plugin.dom* to
> *ikonli.fontawesome.pack* inside my core module-info?
>
> Thanks.

If ikonli.fontawesome.pack is an automatic module then it will read all
other modules. Does some other module `requires plugin` or do you have
`--add-modules plugin` on your command line? From the exception then my
guess is that you've got $JAVA_HOME/lib/deploy/ on your module path and
that somehow module "plugin" is being resolved.