Attaching to a JVM image that does not include java.instrument

Rafael Winterhalter rafael.wth at gmail.com
Fri May 19 15:47:28 UTC 2017

Yes, this is an implication and what I am concerned about.

Am 19.05.2017 17:42 schrieb "Christoph Engelbert" <chris at hazelcast.com>:

Hey,

Just a clarification question, does that mean no agent like dynatrace,
appdynamics or others would work anymore with a normal jlinked image, when
`java.instrument` is specifically added as a dependency?

In this case I would agree with Rafael and Michael. It will come as a
surprise to a lot of users / customers which use those APM / monitoring
solutions that attach agents into any Java process found.

Chris