Opinions

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 11:01:04 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-02-21 at 19:14 +0100, Marcus Hirt wrote:
> At the same time it's annoying to get externalization warnings
> for things that should never be externalized. That said,
> I agree local project overrides should only be used when necessary,
> and perhaps this is not necessary. Also something can be said
> for keeping the rules across all the projects the same, i.e.
> always use the macros or externalize.
>
> For me it's a coin toss. Don't even remember who was annoyed at
> the macros in the test bundles anymore. ;)

I don't really have a strong opinion here, so I guess what's more
convenient for you. I would probably leave things as they are and try a
best effort on keeping the code clean, or if the NON-NLS keeps warnings
at bay and works weel, let's just leave it like that?

Personally, I always found this enforcement from Eclipse to be tedious,
I understand where it comes from but the need for this extra comment
seems an hack and doesn't really tell me as programmer much (I can see
from the line if it's meant to be localised or not) and the amount of
warning is just a lot of noise. So once again, what you feel it's best
is surely the right answer ;)

Cheers,
Mario