perfasm method attribution assumes class::method signature is unique

Nitsan Wakart nitsanw at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 14:17:52 UTC 2016

I'm seeing a benchmark where the code under test is using Javaassit to generate a reporting class. The class is generated in different call sites, with a different actual class and method but the same class name.Though the code under test is terrible and deserves what's coming to it, it is also demonstrating the issue. I cannot share the benchmark because client code, but if needed I could reproduce the issue (load same named class under different classloaders).I'm not sure how best JMH should report this situation, but attributing all he cost by name seems erroneous.Thanks,Nitsan