Classpath of uber.jar does not contain all dependencies (Fwd: Content filtered message notification)

Millies, Sebastian Sebastian.Millies at softwareag.com
Fri Apr 15 14:34:29 UTC 2016

Thanks for your help.

I have managed to include the contents of external jars without installing them in a local repo

with the non-maven-jar-maven-plugin<https://github.com/stephenc/non-maven-jar-maven-plugin%23non-maven-jar-maven-plugin>

That is the part of this post that may be useful to others. The rest is SAP-specific rant.

I learned that in my concrete case I cannot do what I did, because SAP forbids it:

Both renaming and repackaging JCo are against the license.

(cf. item Q7 on https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ASJAVA/SAP+JCo+FAQs)

For the same reason, installing an artefact in a local repo would not work anyway,

because the dependency is useless: JCo will only run from a jar that does not conform to the

Maven naming conventions.

I don’t understand why SAP are making it intentionally difficult to work with a quasi-standard

like Maven, on which other standards (like JMH) are built.

Well, perhaps I’ll just unpack the uber.jar to a folder again, copy JCo into the directory and run from there.

Question closed. Maybe I’ll complain to SAP.

n  Sebastian