JPMS (JSR 376) EG video conference: Thursday 18 May, 15:00 UTC

Tim Ellison Tim_Ellison at uk.ibm.com
Wed May 17 12:17:45 UTC 2017

Thanks Mark.  The proposed time works for me.

FWIW I don't think it is necessary to shut down the alternate EG
communication channels.  I believe we'll made good progress on the calls
and will naturally use the other channels to summarize that discussion
and provide supporting materials for posterity.

Regards,
Tim

<jpms-spec-experts-bounces at openjdk.java.net>

> As you know, the JCP Executive Committee voted last week [1] not to
> approve this JSR for the next stage of the process.  We now have until
> 7 June to submit a revised Specification [2].
>
> Time is short, so in order to move quickly I suggest that we hold a
> series of video-conference calls to discuss issues raised by the EC, the
> few remaining open issues on the list [3], and other issues about which
> new information has recently become available.
>
> I propose that we meet at 15:00 UTC this Thursday, 18 May [4] for one
> hour, and again at that same time each business day as needed.
>
> ==> Please let me know by 23:00 UTC tomorrow, 17 May [5], if this
>     schedule is workable for you.  I will send logistical information
>     to attendees privately.
>
> In order to preserve the integrity of our discussions, these meetings
> should be the sole channel for EG communication once they begin.  The
> jpms-spec-experts list will therefore be closed except for the posting
> of the minutes of each meeting and for updates to the issue list and
> the draft Specification as may be agreed during these meetings.  All EG
> members will be asked to refrain from posting to other public fora such
> as, e.g., the jigsaw-dev list, until this series of meetings is over.
>
> These meetings are open to current EG members.  Each member may invite
> one additional technical representative from that member's organization.
>
> Thanks,
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5959
> [2] https://www.jcp.org/en/procedures/jcp2#3.4.5