Still plagued by "Agent communication error"

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Tue Aug 13 22:39:06 UTC 2019

We continue to see rare "Agent communication error" problems when running
jtreg tests.
We believe something has gone wrong in the JDK under test, but we never get
any details.
The failure is correlated with running specific tests, and specific JDKs.
Anecdotally, it appears to be more common with fastdebug JDKs.

A sample snippet:

TEST RESULT: Error. Agent communication error: java.net.SocketException:
Broken pipe (Write failed); check console log for any additional details