Review Request: 8004201: add reducers to primitive type wrappers

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Dec 2 17:50:46 PST 2012

Hi Akhil,

Is it really necessary/desirable to flag all of these as " Suitable for
conversion as a method reference to functional interfaces such as ..." ?

This style:

+     * @param   a   a boolean argument.
+     * @param   b   another boolean argument.

is at odds with the style used elsewhere for new Functional APIs, and
with the style of other methods in these classes. Can we just use "first
operand" and "second operand" for all of these?

Character.sum does not make sense to me. Who adds together characters?
I'm not even sure min and max are worth supporting for Character.

I disagree with other suggestions to use the Math functions for
float/double. I think all these methods should use the underlying
primitive operator regardless of type.

Thanks,
David
-----