RFR JDK-8010096 : Initial java.util.Spliterator putback

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Tue Apr 2 06:34:06 PDT 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 2:37 PM, Chris Hegarty <chris.hegarty at oracle.com> wrote:
> Nice work Paul, some small comments.
>
> - new javadocs tags, @implSpec, @apiNote, etc. I really like the use of
>  implSpec to define the behavior of this implementations default
>  methods. There is probably a separate thread, but any idea when these
>  will be generated in the javadoc, not just the lambda docs?

I do not know, Mike is the one who is very likely to know more.

> - Iterator.remove @since 1.8? I see there is a conflict here between
>  when the method was originally added and its default

Right, that is most likely a mistake. How can we express that the default method is there since 1.8?

> - Spliterator class level examples are not showing in the specdiff.
>   Are these really API Notes? Maybe they are.

The examples are non-normative so i think such docs can be categorized under @apiNote.

See here for generated JavaDoc from the lambda repo:

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/lambda/spliterator/jdk-8010096/api/java/util/Spliterator.html

Paul.