Feedback on loom jdk early build

Visruth visruthcv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:03:05 UTC 2020

Hello there,

I used early access of project loom jdk. My project has both Java and
Kotlin codes. It has multi-threading with Kotlin code (also using
StampedLock, os thread-pool by Executors) when I used this early access of
loom jdk it has some runtime issue. I'm not sure about the exact issue but
I presume it is a kind of dead-lock. I reviewed my code well, it works well
with all released jdk, so it has no bugs.
My only point is it should not break the existing code even without using
virtual thread.

I tried virtual thread, it worked good but I didn't try it in a real
multi-threading environment so I'm not able to give a proper feedback about
it now.

--
Kind regards,
*Visruth*