[External] : Re: jstack, profilers and other tools

eric at kolotyluk.net eric at kolotyluk.net
Fri Jul 15 19:52:19 UTC 2022

The way I look at it now, if operations are blocking, then creating more Virtual Threads creates more opportunities for unblocked code to run.

In the past, we could not create enough Platform Threads to create such opportunities, and we had to rely on non-blocking patterns, such as Reactive programming. Akka/Scala demonstrated this years ago as being very effective.

Loom simply allows us the same power of concurrency, without having to follow non-blocking patterns…

Cheers, Eric