[External] : Re: jstack, profilers and other tools

Alex Otenko oleksandr.otenko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 19:38:53 UTC 2022

I agree about capacity to do work. What I don't agree with is that you can
change concurrency to increase throughput in Little's law - not more than
you can change acceleration to increase force.

And I don't agree that the common bottleneck is the lack of threads - 10k
threads on 100 CPUs is not much; 10k longlived threads on 1 CPU is 99.99%
waiting. Shortlived threads, or thread per request, isn't really about
concurrency in Little's law.

Alex