Bug report for current directory absent from JNI search path in openjdk 7

Mike Swingler swingler at apple.com
Tue Feb 14 16:38:29 PST 2012

On Feb 14, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Michael Hall wrote:

> I didn't get confirmation that I noticed that this should or should not be bug reported.
> I guess I can go ahead do so for a record of it if for no other reason.
> Even though the page I cited earlier seemed to indicate the search can be based on whatever the implementation wants it to be, this is a change from previous implementations on OS X.
> I am getting unclear again though as to where this bug should be filed? Still the macosx-port JIRA or the sun bug database?

The <https://wikis.oracle.com/display/OpenJDK/Mac+OS+X+Port> wiki says to file new bugs at <http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/>. When in doubt, file a bug!

I believe there may be some security-related reasons why native JNI libs should not be loaded from the current working directory. My vague recollection of the topic is that we decided to do what Sun did on Windows at the time (at least half a decade ago), but since then I think the policy has changed.

Cheers,
Mike Swingler
Apple Inc.