Latest instructions on getting and patching

John Rose John.Rose at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 16 15:40:53 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 1:42 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> This seems to have built ok, but java.dyn.* classes didn't get
> included
> by default in the resulting build. I forget how to make that happen.

The java.dyn classes are in $davinci/patches/jdk/meth.patch, and your
transcript shows that they are being included.  There's a missing
patch to the makefiles and class lists which control the construction
of rt.jar.

I haven't worked this out because to date I've always done incremental
builds via netbeans and put the resulting jar on the boot class path.

Does anyone happen to know where are the cut points for putting the
new packages and class files into the makefiles?  I'm looking at
java.math for a model:
   $davinci/sources/jdk/...
     make/java/math/Makefile
     make/tools/sharing/classlist.linux